Massachusetts website "I'm looking for transportation" This link provides ride resource information on public transportation, Veterans, MassHealth, and more!
Bus Service: Wareham to New Bedford via Route 6. NOTE: This service is offered by SRTA (Southeastern Regional Transit Authority) and GATRA (Greater Attleboro & Taunton Regional Transit)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Mattapoisett COA is pleased to serve the transportation needs of the Mattapoisett senior community (60+ and/or disabled). Individuals are asked to call to schedule transportation as early as possible, preferably a week ahead, but not less than 48 business hours prior to the needed ride. All rides provided by the COA are subject to driver availability. A caregiver may ride with a client for no fee. Transportation Policy - Service Rules & Conduct (approved by the COA Board of Directors 12.1.2017)
The following services are available:
- MEDICAL: Mattapoisett seniors who are ambulatory receive rides to medical and dental appointments in the area between Dartmouth and Wareham by volunteers through the purely volunteer program, FISH (Friends in Service Helping). The Mattapoisett COA serves as a communication conduit between the client and the volunteers. Non-ambulatory seniors or those who need additional assistance will be driven by the COA. All appointments should be made at least a week in advance. If transportation occurs with a COA van, a small donation is requested to help with the costs of fuel, van maintenance and driver rate.
- BOSTON MEDICAL:
- COA - with ample notice (preferably 7 business days), the COA will do its best to provide medical rides to the Boston and surrounding areas. In the event the COA cannot assist, there are local options that will be suggested. Please note: there is a FEE for this service.*
- Wheelchair Van Services - fees vary*
COA (see above)
Habilitation Assistance (Access Express) (offers trips to Boston medical and other services*If wheelchair medical transportation costs are a financial challenge, please contact the COA at 508-758-4110 to request assistance.
Demand Response (through SRTA) - must apply and be approved for this service
- BOSTON MEDICAL:
*Note: if the quoted costs are a challenge, please contact the COA for financial support
- SRTA (Southeastern Regional Transit Authority) van leaves New Bedford at 8:30 a.m. and arrives in Boston by 10:30 a.m. It leaves Boston by 2 p.m. Make your appointment on any Tuesday after 11 a.m. and tell your doctor your appointment must end before 2 p.m. For more information and to make an appointment please call 508-758-4110 or 508-991-6253.
- RIDES: This service is for Mattapoisett residents to get them to places that they would otherwise drive themselves, such as shopping, errands, hair dresser, visiting friends in town, etc.
- DAY TRIPS: Social outings to restaurants, museums, shopping districts and other places of interest are available to any senior, based on available seating. Day trip van rides range from $3-$10, depending on distance. Prices do not include food or other purchases, which are the patron's responsibility.
|Transportation Policy (as amended and approved on 12.1.2017 by the COA Board of Directors)||386.71 KB|