- The Police Chief or designee will determine the need to open (and close) an emergency shelter.
- The shelter will be staffed by emergency response personnel, including Medical Reserve Corps. (MRC) volunteers and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) volunteers.
- Residents are responsible for bringing their essential medical supplies and medical equipment to the shelter, including prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Residents in need of medical attention that is beyond the scope of the care provided at the shelter will be directed or transported to the nearest medical facility.
- Adequate supplies of food and water and provision of special dietary needs cannot be guaranteed.
- With the exception of service animals, residents should not bring animals to the shelter. Residents are advised to make prior arrangements for their pets.
These general guidelines are subject to change.