What if I disagree with the assessed value of my property?

If you believe that your property is over assessed based on sales, not assessed fairly in comparison to other properties, or that it is not classified correctly, you have the right to file for an abatement of taxes. An application must be filed with the Assessors Office. Applications are available at the Assessors Office. In filing an abatement application you will want to be specific about why you disagree with your assessment. Is there some misinformation on your property record card? Did you find values of comparable properties lower than your property? Please provide us with all the necessary information to support your position on valuation.